Calpulli Center - Suite 3700/3800
The trio student support services project
The SSS Project for Students with Disabilities is one component of the TRiO program, a federally funded group of outreach programs developed to increase participation and provide academic support to students in higher education.
The SSS Project for Students with Disabilities at San Diego State University serves more than 200 students each year by supplementing legal accommodations through intensive, individualized support services to students with documented disabilities.
What are the benefits of becoming a participant in the project?
Services and opportunities provided by the program include the following:
- Academic Advising
- Individualized Writing Assistance
- Peer Tutoring
- Peer Mentoring
- Workshops Focusing on Study Skills
- Graduate School Information
- Financial Literacy Advising
- Guidance in completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and in seeking scholarships.
Becoming a SSS Participant
In order to qualify for participation in the SSS Project, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Legal Resident
- Have a documented disability (medical verification must be on file at Student Disability Services)
AND must also meet at least one of the following:
- Have a low SAT and/or ACT verbal score,
- Be at academic risk (have a low or declining college GPA)
- Have not yet met the SDSU writing requirements
- Have a need for writing assistance and/or need instruction in academic skills and strategies.
How to Apply
- Complete the Application Form for SSS Services
- Meet with the SSS Project Advisor to complete intake forms and receive orientation; and
- Use services offered by the SSS project and increase your opportunities for academic success!
Location and Contact Information
Monday-Friday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Calpulli Center, Suite 3800
Email: [email protected]
Student Support Services for Students with Disabilities
Student Disability Services
San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-4740