Workability iv at Sdsu
Completing a degree is only one step in the launching of your career. From identifying your career goal and choosing a major to completing an internship and establishing contacts in your field, obtaining a professional level position takes careful planning and consideration. WorkAbility IV is here to guide you on your journey!
WorkAbility IV partners with SDSU Career Services, SDSU Student Disability Services, and the California Department of Rehabilitation to assist SDSU students and alumni with disabilities achieve their career goals.
WorkAbility IV promotes access and offers enhanced career services that empower participants to:
- Choose, plan, and prepare for a career
- Meet academic and career requirements
- Secure and retain employment
To participate in WorkAbility IV at SDSU, you must meet all the criteria listed below:
- A degree-seeking SDSU student or recent California State University alumni with a documented permanent disability,
- A United States citizen or permanent resident,
- A participant of the State of California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR). SDSU students with disabilities who are not currently participants of DOR should contact WorkAbility IV to meet with a DOR Counselor to determine your program eligibility.
Apply to the WorkAbility IV Program
When applying to the WorkAbility IV Program, all students must complete and submit the following forms:
- WorkAbility IV Referral (PDF)
- DOR Consent to Release and Obtain Information
- Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Services Application
- Voter Preference Form
Completed forms should be brought to your first DOR appointment.
After your eligibility has been reviewed, you will be contacted to schedule a meeting with a DOR and WorkAbility Counselor.
For general inquiries regarding the WAIV Program:
- Email us at [email protected]
For questions specific to Applying to WAIV:
- Reach out to:
WAIV Program Assistant